The Jewish Foundation for Education of Women is a private, nonsectarian foundation that enables women with financial need to meet their educational and career goals through scholarships and supportive services. We invest in women who aspire to achieve through learning and initiative and who value giving back to their communities.
The Foundation works with nonprofit and academic partners to create programs for cohorts of JFEW Scholars. Typical JFEW grants will include these characteristics.
- Scholarship support to help JFEW Scholars focus on schoolwork and stay on track to graduate
- Summer internship stipends so that JFEW Scholars can afford to take unpaid professional internships, develop workplace skills and improve employment prospects after graduation
- Peer support provided by other JFEW Scholars
- Mentorship by faculty and program coordinators who organize skills-building workshops, monitor academic progress and encourage JFEW Scholars to seek opportunities to develop their professional capabilities
- Focus on a particular area; JFEW currently supports
- College Success
- STEM & Health Professions
- Public Service and Jewish Communal Service.
Through the generosity of donors, JFEW has limited funds available for one-time grants, including a relief fund to help women remain in school who have experienced a sudden change in financial circumstances. Community-based organizations and schools may nominate students for these special scholarships. For nominating information, contact us.